I love Thanksgiving for many reasons.
1) As I get older, I have learned to appreciate my family more. I think that it is important to spend time with your relatives. So, I enjoy getting to see everyone. Plus, any time I get to eat my Grandmother’s cooking is a good time.
2) It is the beginning of the holidays. I love Christmas. So, I certainly love the marker ushering in the season’s arrival. What is not to love? I get some time off of school (which is precious coveted time these days), I get to do nothing, and it’s Christmas and that means snow and cute dresses and new years and presents!
3) It’s a time when we give thanks. As a believer in God who does not believe in church, I think it’s important, for me especially, to count my blessings. I often try to take some time to think about how blessed I am. In my life, I am surrounded by so many people who have it more difficult than I do. It makes me appreciate what I have so much more.
So, this Thanksgiving, I give thanks for:
- My wonderful family
- My amazing boyfriend and his family
- My health
- My mind
- My family’s good fortune
- My friends
- My life thus far
- Everything good that ever happens
I have so many things to be thankful for, even though I spend a large portion of my life consumed with my thoughts and my worries, things are not so bad. I just have the tendency to stress too much…especially during this time with my college finals coming up and the holidays. Even today I tried hard to shake worries from my mind. All I can do is remind myself that I must be happy and give thanks on this special day.